Job Opening at Heart of America Volleyball
The Heart of America Region of USA Volleyball (HOA) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Registrar.
HOA is a not-for-profit organization, providing volleyball competition opportunities for about 18,000 members in the states of Kansas and Missouri.
The Registrar is an independent, self-motivated, master of all trades. Though large part of the work is administrative, some physical labor will be part of this position. As part of a small, full time staff, we are looking for a team-player who is willing to contribute to achieve the organization’s objectives. The Registrar will need to be able to direct event staff and to make decisions and take responsibility under pressure.
Office Hours 8 am till 5 pm or 9 am till 6 pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Run daily data downloads in the HOA club and tournament management system
- Monitor background screens and process member transfers
- Prepare and ship coaches credentials
- Work with hotels to schedule rooms for event staff and officials at favorable rates
- Respond to phone and email questions from members
- Assist in event management, clinics and facility management
- Process certificates of insurance for clubs and tournament directors and manage incident reports
- Manage bid allocations for national tournaments
- College degree preferred
- Relevant experience
- Must be proficient in computer skills and use of Microsoft Office
- Desire to be part of a dedicated team of staff members
- Must be highly motivated and able to take initiative
- Ability to manage and supervise staff at events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends
- Affinity with the sport of volleyball
This is a full time position with benefits. Pay range is $32,000 to $38,000 annually, commensurate to the candidates experience and background.
Timeline: Applications will be accepted until May 31. The review process of the applicants will start immediately.
Application Process: Candidates are to email their Resume, References and a Cover letter to:
Bertil Wamelink, President